||Set Your Goals: What
are you trying to achieve?|
||The objective you set for your
group should include a financial figure with a well defined goal.
(For example, a group must raise $3000 to
pay for new band equipment as well as
traveling costs to the Annual Band
||Create Your Fundraising Plan With Your Goals In
||TIP 1: Give yourself and your
volunteers adequate time to plan this sale.
“Those who fail to plan… must be planning to
TIP 2: Stick to the start and finish
date you select and don’t change it.
|Questions to ask yourself and your
- When will your sale begin?
(As soon as you can but not until you are
ready! One of our most successful groups has their Fall sale
within the first 2-3 weeks of the school year, making their
fundraiser the first of the season.)
- How long will it last? (We recommend 2 weeks.)
- How will you promote it?
(Contact your TV stations, newspaper, and
radio stations, letters to parents, flyers…)
- Who will be selling? (Get a list of all available students, members,
- How many rolls should each person sell
as a target amount? (We recommend a
minimum goal of 2 cases or 12 rolls. Everyone should be able to
sell at least 12.)
- What should your sellers
say? (Who they are, what they're
selling, and why they’re selling it… then ask “Will you please
help us by buying some quality trash bags today?)
- What are the incentives for your sales
team? (prizes, pizza party,
- When and where will your supporters get
their orders? (Bags For Bucks
typically fills orders within 2-4 weeks. Your representative will quote
you current lead times.)
- Who should your sellers
approach? (They should think of everyone they know)
From school? From your church? From your
family? Friends from previous jobs? Parents of children’s friends?
Daycare providers? From your lodge or club? Your list of friends?
Friends from team sports? Dance, swimming, gymnastic, karate
instructors? Who sells you appliances? Who is a nurse? Who is your
veterinarian? Who is your physician? Who is your painter? Who is
your dentist? Who is your pharmacist? Who cuts your hair? Who are
your neighbors? Who is your eye doctor? Who is your realtor?
** Don’t forget to call your Bags For Buck$ representative
and get enough of our high-quality, two-sided color order forms for
each seller. Groups who have used our order form have experienced
higher sales as a result. All the information your sellers need will
be at their fingertips and can be easily shown to the buyers.
||Kick-off: Communicate the (Who, what, when, how,
where, and why?) to your sellers.|
||TIP 3: Do this with as much energy as
TIP 4: Make sure everyone has a clear
understanding of the sale process.
- These bags are environmentally friendly because they are made
of 100% recycled plastic.
- The bags are THICKER and LARGER than most found in stores.
- Remember everyone already buys trash bags somewhere.
- Let them know what’s in it for them. (party, prizes, etc..
Incentive programs have been shown to double the proceeds!)
- Let them know what’s in it for their organization. (new
equipment, trips, etc…)
- Have them approach a potential customer by giving their name,
their organization’s name, and why they are raising money.
- Use the Bags For Buck$ color order form –
It will increase your sales.
- Always smile and be polite. Always say “thank you” even if
they don’t buy.
- Have fun. Everyone likes happy people, it’s contagious!